Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I'd Like to File an Extension!


Our first Christmas in our new home was wonderful! Little R and Baby G had so much fun opening their gifts. Bran and I started a new tradition this year–"gold, frankincense, and myrrh" gifts... which translates as three gifts per person. The exception to the rule this year was my gift. Bran and Little R cleverly stole away to Best Buy and purchased a Sony Cyber-Shot for me. They came back with the Plants vs. Zombie's game (Little R loves it!), so I didn't question their motive. I wouldn't have suspected anything but Little R was so excited to get me a gift that she ran right up to me and said,"Momma, we got a Christmas gift!" Bran had instructed her in the car not to say anything to me. He should have known! When you tell a two-year-old not to say anything, you can expect them to say pretty much everything. I was still surprised by the gift to say the least.


This was Little R's third Christmas so she's really getting the hang of things. She opened her gifts and then helped the rest of us open ours. It's fun to see her enjoy it so much more now. Baby G seemed to take on the task of opening gifts like a pro. You'd never know that this was his first Christmas. He made out like a bandit. He has more Starwars loot than any not-even-one year old I know! Bran also got Starwars toys... so he could play with Baby G, of course.


The simple celebration was a wonderful way to give gifts without getting caught up in consumerism. Bran and I wanted the focus to be on Christ (the real reason for the celebration that many people are forgetting these days) and family. I feel we accomplished that. Little R understands that Santa is part of the spirit of "Merry Christmas" but that Christmas is for remembering Christ. I hope we can all remember him more and extend the joy we feel at Christmas throughout the year.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, honey. It made me smile. Love, b.a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, where are you're additional posts? I want to see more on your blog too!

    ReplyDelete