Friday, December 10, 2010

"Moore" Paint Coming Soon

After narrowing 100+ blue Benjamin Moore paint swatches down to just three, I'm nearly ready to embark on another painting journey. It may be long and treacherous but in the end I know that it'll be worth it since it's for my girls. With so many choices I had to enlist some help. I grabbed one of every blue paint swatch from the local paint store and then asked Bran and Little R to pick out their very favorite. Bran chose Benjamin Moore's Bashful Blue (it looks paler in the room.) Little R chose Benjamin Moore's Blue Flower (it looks less green in the room.) I really liked both of their choices but chose Benjamin Moore's Ocean Breeze. I felt it was brighter and maybe more of a "kid" color, if there is such a thing. With the final three chosen, I put them up in the room for the week to see how they would look at different times of the day—on a sunny day, a cloudy day, morning, noon and night. I have to say, I still like them all. I was going to see what other people thought about them but then decided to ask the one person that mattered, Little R (seeing as how it will be her room.) When they're all together in the room they look similar. I wanted to see which of the colors she would choose. The results were unanimous... each time she chose Blue Flower. I was amazed! I set them in different parts of the room and in a different order each time. She's a girl who knows what she likes. So, the winner is Blue Flower. The blue walls are going to look great with the pink plaid bedding. I'll get started this next week... and judging from my current pace in Little G's room,  I should be posting pictures by January. Hopefully I can get done a little sooner.

* The color looks more like this.

* I want to thank my hubby for making the really cool paint blotches for me!
   Love you, honey.

2 comments:

  1. Look out world the little miss knows what she wants!
    Its really cool that she can help you pick out what is going in her (and her sister's) room! And she has excellent taste!
    Good luck with the painting...at our house it usually comes down to tom painting. That's about the only reason that the rec room has actually been painted. The master bath....well he's still waiting on me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the swatch and the room picture look totally different! I didn't care for the swatch color all that much (a bit too greenish for me, although it does look more "mermaid-y" than the others), but I LOVE it in the room picture. Good job my little R-girl! Love you babydoll!

    ReplyDelete