Monday, February 22, 2010

Giving The Living Room a Facelift

I really have been a busy little bee! We've lived in our cozy cottage for a little over six months. It's finally starting to feel like it's our own. Testing my husbands patience, no doubt, I have proceeded to begin an overhaul of the entire house. The living room is the first on my list.

I wish I would have taken a true "before" photo to show the drastic difference. When we moved in it looked, well, old. The metamorphasis began with a dose of Glidden Sand White paint on the walls. Oh, and I removed the gold sheers and gold curtain rods.

I then added new bamboo blinds, canvas curtains, and another couch (we inherited for free... like almost everything else we own).

I covered the couches with new cream slipcovers, exchanged the  pillows for prettier ones and voilĂ ! Transformation!

I'm loving the change but still have quite a few more projects on the docket.  I''m sure my hubby is thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment