Saturday, November 28, 2009

Oh, Christmas Tree...


We spent Black Friday as a family setting up our very first, new/old Christmas tree. It's actually the tree Bran's family used throughout his childhood. I couldn't decide whether to go with a theme or use the hodgepodge of Christmas decorations Bran and I have accumulated over the years. Because of the kids, I decided on colored lights and hodgepodge. It turned out beautifully. Who knew? Our living room glows lavender in the dim light, with speckles of rainbow light from the LED light strands we purchased yesterday. We accented it with discount pearl strands from Hobby Lobby. It's kind of a mess, but I like it. I got the star on top for a steal at TJ Max. It was originally $25. TJ Max price: $14.99. I got it for $8. It's like the icing on the cake. Although you can't see it in this picture, she's a beaut. I spent the rest of the evening refashioning hand-me-down decorations. We now have a lovely "new" wreath on the front door thanks to Bran's parents and some pearl garland I had left over from our wedding reception. The house is looking quite festive.

2 comments:

  1. It was so awesome to put up the tree, honey. Good job—it looks wonderful. You deserve a cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to make them or do I have to?

    ReplyDelete